Friday, January 14, 2011

'Love is Crazy. But I'm Not Crazy'

I hope somebody intervenes here before Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin get blamed for something.
A creepy drifter stalked Caroline Kennedy's daughter for 2-1/2 years, bombarding her with gifts and letters that called her "Hunny Bunny" and were signed "Your Hubby."

In a jailhouse interview, Naeem Ahmed, 41, admitted he pursued college student Tatiana Schlossberg and her famous family, but denied sinister motives.

"I love them. I love her. I still do. I don't know why. Love is crazy. But I'm not crazy," Ahmed told the Daily News on Thursday.

The one-way courtship - which included two attempts to visit the 20-year-old Yale student at her family's Manhattan home - ended with his Dec. 8 arrest.

The Pakistani immigrant was charged with two misdemeanor counts of aggravated harassment and a misdemeanor stalking count.

He is being held on $25,000 bail and is awaiting a psychological evaluation, records show. An order of protection was also issued.

Kennedy and Schlossberg did not return calls or emails for comment, and prosecutors declined to speak about the case.

Ahmed's campaign to win Schlossberg's heart began in April 2008 and continued after Kennedy's decision to remove her name from consideration for Hillary Clinton's vacated Senate seat - for personal reasons.

The office of Tatiana's father, designer Edwin Schlossberg, received more than 40 e-card greetings, phone calls and gifts for the young woman, a criminal complaint says.

In one October 2008 note sent with roses and balloons, Ahmed wrote, "Dearest Tatiana, I love you. Sincerely, Naeem."
He's obviously been listening to too much talk radio.
He said he's still waiting to hear from the Camelot clan and is upset he's behind bars.

"I want to ask them, 'What do you want from me?' I can break from your life if that's what you want," he said.

"They are not above the law. I just want this to be over. I can leave the city. You're harassing me now. I'll take a medical evaluation. Anything. Let's resolve this."

No comments: